Cogs4Cancer – the count down is on
By Spectrum IFA
This article is published on: 30th September 2014
A team of riders are about to embark on the second Cogs4Cancer sponsored cycle ride. This incredible journey will take the 16 riders from Ancona on the east coast of Italy to Antibes in the south of France taking 6 days to complete the 825km.
The nominated charities are Cancer Research UK, Clinique Tzank in Mougins and the Children’s cancer unit at the Lenval Hospital in Nice.
The Spectrum IFA Group are proud to be sponsoring Lee Much and wish him, together with all the other participants every success.
The cycle ride is completely self-funded by the riders which means that 100% of the sponsorships money received goes direct to the charities concerned – YES 100%
Sustenance en-route will be provided by Gourmet Deliveries and the riders will be looked after during the event by sports therapists & masseuses Liz Wright and Chelsea Good providing post-ride care and with Marine Medical providing extensive medical kits and first aid support.
The riders will be looked after during the event with sports therapists & masseuses Liz Wright and Chelsea Good providing post-ride care and with Marine Medical providing extensive medical kits and first aid support.
5th October – The Ride
- Day 1 Ancona to Forli – 156km
- Day 2 Forli to Empoli (via Florence) – 142KM
- Day 3 Empoli to La Spezia (Via Lucca and Viareggio)146KM
- Day 4 La Spezia to Arenzano – 134KM
- Day 5 Arenzano to San Remo – 123KM
- Day 6 San Remo to Antibes – 81KM -The Tribute Ride- including Stars n Bars lunch
- 10 October – Champagne welcome home at 16.30 on IYCA by Gourmet Deliveries – sponsored by Freedom Maritime
- 11 October – Party at The Royal Beach Antibes 16.00 until 01.00 €20 per person, kids free. Featuring Superstar DJ Shaun Hughes who is cycling from Ibiza to take part!
We’ve had some great support over the past few months from many people and would like to thank everyone involved – including Rihanna!
For further information on this epic journey and to donate please visit www.cogs4cancer.org