Nearly half way through Le Tour de Finance the latest stage took us to Valbonne, Alpes Maritime. The seminar was located at the wonderful Château de la Bégude Golf Club. Guests were welcomed on a gloriously sunny morning with dew glistening on the nearby fairways. The seminar teed off at 10.30 after coffee and pastries.
The seminar was sponsored by The Spectrum IFA Group and compared by Peter Brooke. The fact filled seminar covered various subjects pertinent to expats living in France including; French tax laws and the recent changes, QROPS, Assurance Vie, currency exchange, investments and wealth management.
The expert panel of guest speakers included:
- Stephanie Glasper, Tax Lawyer, Hent – French tax update
- Pippa Maile, Currencies Direct – Currency exchange savings and strategies
- Michael Lodhi, Chairman of Spectrum – Inflation & QROPS update.
- Jeremy Ferguson, SEB Life International – Assurance Vie, Efficient Investing in France
- John Hall, Standard Bank International – Structured Deposits.
- Peter Brooke, The Spectrum IFA Group– Selecting funds & building portfolios
- Mark Riggall, JP Morgan Asset Management – the value of investment advice
Le Tour de Finance is an excellent and relaxed forum in which you can get those important questions answered. After the session finished guests re-located to the terrace over looking the 18th hole and were able to mingle in a pleasant atmosphere with other expat residents whilst enjoying a complimentary buffet lunch.
Le Tour de Finance has 3 events left in France:
- Wednesday 9th October – Var, La Motte
- Thursday 10th October – Vaucluse, Avignon
- Friday 11th October – Aude, Brugairolles