The Tour de Finance Forum 2014 – Italy
By Gareth Horsfall
This article is published on: 4th March 2014
The Tour de Finance 2014 is back, but this time I have given it a twist!.
In 2014 we are returning to Bagni di Lucca and Umbertide based on the interest shown and attendance in 2013.
We will be returning on the:
26TH MARCH 2014 Umbertide at Ristorante Pomarancio
27th MARCH 2014 Bagni di Lucca at La Cantina delle Pianacce
Start time: 10.30am for coffee and sweets until approx 1pm with a FREE buffet lunch, wine and an opportunity to meet your fellow expats.
(I would like to add that due to increased demand for our services, we are receiving requests from all over Italy and so we want to extend the Tour de Finance into other parts of the country. So we will not be returning to these same locations for at least 1 year as the Tour de Finance is planning to expand to others areas of Italy in the autumn 2014.)
BUT, this time the format will change!
We are doing away with the Powerpoint presentations and structured presentations!
After reflecting on your feedback from previous events, I have decided to change the format to a FORUM style event. I want to avoid presenting all the information that ‘we think you should know’ and actually try and deliver the information that you want to know. Typical questions that I often hear from people include:
- What are the likely implications of the recent implementation and then withdrawal of a 20% witholding tax on profit from investments held overseas, for Italian residents?
- Are there opportunities to reduce my Inheritance tax liabilities in Italy?
- What risk is there of losing all my money when I invest and how can I avoid this completely?
- Are there any tax allowances/credits available to me as a resident in Italy?
So I, Gareth Horsfall (Spectrum IFA group (Italy) will pose questions to the panel for approx 30 minutes, followed by a refreshment break and then a further 30 minutes for questions from the audience.
It really is an opportunity to put the experts ‘on the spot’
The Panel of experts will include:
- Judith Ruddock: Studio Del Gaizo Picchioni. Cross border tax specialists and commercialisti.
- Andrew Lawford: SEB Life International. He will be facing questions about tax efficient savings vehicles for Italy and ways to potentially reduce your Inheritance tax liabilties.
- Rob Walker: Jupiter Asset management, Private Clients. He will be free to take questions on world markets, from the current state of emerging markets to how to generate income from your money.
- Peter Loveday: Currencies Direct . He will be taking questions on how to save money on International currency transfers and how they work.
I hope you will register your attendance. And I hope that the FORUM event will avoid all the boredom of powerpoint presentations and make the morning much more interactive for you.
If you would like to register for this event then you can do so by sending your full contact details to
firstname.lastname@example.org or call Gareth Horsfall on 0039 333 6492356.